Moments Before Mass is written by a Roman Catholic husband and father, who is also a candidate to become a permanent deacon. Moments Before Mass is written under the watchful eye of the author’s spiritual director, as well as several priests who would happily call him out on any errors.
Why the anonymity?
· Because vanity. Specifically, my vanity. Moments Before Mass is about helping people get more out of mass, not about the person who writes it. It’s like one of the Catholic Church’s reasons for deacons and priests to wear vestments – the focus is supposed to be on the message (not the messenger).
Why the stuff about priests and spiritual directors?
· Accountability. Anonymity does not keep me from being deeply concerned about the danger of misleading someone in the faith (see Matthew 18:6 for Jesus’ thoughts on this).
How can I support Moments Before Mass?
· Pray for the author and everyone in his ordination class.
· Pray for your parish priest.
· Like, Follow, and Share Moments Before Mass on Facebook and Twitter.
What’s a deacon candidate and what do you do?